2017 OMA Annual Conference - April 2-3 - Toledo
The one thing constant is change.
With our world growing more complex every day, change within museums isn’t just inevitable, it’s necessary to remain critical, meaningful and relevant to our communities.
Across Ohio, museums are using this idea to transform their institutions – paving the way with innovative programming and ideas, audience engagement, sustainability, collections care and more - to enhance and support their mission and better serve their community.
With the wealth of innovation happening in Ohio museums comes the opportunity for us to share knowledge- what’s worked, what didn’t, and what we learned from it all.
Join us in Toledo, April 2nd and 3rd as we explore these topics and more at the 2017 Ohio Museums Association’s Annual Conference, Transforming Museums: Secrets to Success.
OMA 2017 Conference Program
Transforming Museums: Secrets to Success
OMA 2017 is packed full of great opportunities, professional development, engaging speakers, tours, awards, networking and more! Attendees at OMA 2017 will enjoy the great conference staples you've come to expect from the Ohio Museums Association, including:
- The 2017 Keynote Address by leaders in the museum field
- Our Sunday progressive museum tour - Enjoy an evening of exploring two iconic Toledo museums!
- The Annual Awards dinner at the GlasSalon at the Toledo Museum of Art
- The OMA silent auction that boasts a wide variety of goodies you won't be able to resist
- A perennial favorite - The Ohio EMP Gathering! Join the leadership of all four Ohio EMP Chapters welcomes EMPs from across the state, as well as museum pros looking to learn more about these groups. Enjoy networking and cocktails at this all-Ohio EMP event!
- The OMA Exhibit Hall featuring regional museum service providers
- Networking with museum professionals from across the state
- Seventeen professional development sessions and roundtables ranging in topics from across the museum discipline
See the full line-up of conference programming on the Program page.
Visit the Registration page for complete details and to register for OMA 2017!