Session proposals are being accepted until 10/30/20.
Moonshot – noun – “an extremely ambitions or innovative project.”
This is our moonshot moment, museums. Amidst a year of disruption, upheaval and change, museums have had to reimagine our critical role and our impact. This is our opportunity to address the needs of our community, learn to navigate in innovative ways, and leave the “this is how we’ve always done it” mindset in the past.
How can we continue to evolve and use this opportunity to reexamine our operations, internal structures and how we execute our missions? How can museums transform, connect, and lead our community when it’s needed most?
Join us April 11-13 as we explore these topics and more at the 2021 Ohio Museums Association’s Virtual Annual Conference: Museums Reimagined: Opportunities to Reflect, Recover and Reinvent
OMA is looking for innovative and engaging sessions that will create an interactive experience for our conference attendees.
Send in a proposal for a session that you would like to attend!
Submit your session proposal now for the 2021 annual conference of the Ohio Museums Association as we explore best practices and innovative ideas in Ohio museums. We're seeking session proposals that will foster dynamic conversations around:
- Sessions on Diversity, Accessibility, Equity and Inclusion – moving from statements to action, continuing the process, moving beyond “intro to”
- How museums are engaging with their audiences – learning from shut-down, finding new audiences, new ways to outreach
- Community engagement beyond the virtual screen – remaining relevant in the age of social distancing and online programming
- Preparing for the next crisis - lessons learned from the financial impact of COVID, shut-downs and loss of earned revenue streams
- Leadership in a time of crisis
- Cutting through “zoom fatigue” - how to draw in your audience and keep them engaged and coming back
- Museums making “Good Trouble”
- Assessing and evaluating your career growth and future career plans
As a virtual conference, we want to encourage you to think creatively about your presentation and how to engage your audience. Looking for ideas on how best to engage virtual learners? Want to learn more about using a virtual presentation to the best possible outcome? Click here for ideas!
Click here to submit a session proposal.
For complete OMA 2021 information, visit the Conference Page.
OMA reserves the right to evaluate all proposals and to schedule those that accomplish the goal of a balanced program.
Submission deadline is October 30, 2020.