Allen County Museum and Historical Society seeks a Public Engagement and Learning Coordinator.
The Allen County Museum is seeking a full-time Public Engagement and Learning Coordinator. This is a key team player in driving the creation of meaningful educational content. They create innovative, inclusive experiences that actively engage visitors with the museums exhibitions, collections, and programs.
The Public Engagement and Learning Coordinator (PELC) reports directly to the Museum Director and works collaboratively with the curators and educators to carry out the strategic vision of the museum through various cross-departmental initiatives, activities, and experiences. They will be a major contributor in the development of interactive and creative approaches to a more audience-engaged museum.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS plus at least two years’ experience or a combination of related education and work experience to
- equal at least six years of progressive experience in museum or other cultural institutions in planning and implementing programs, community engagement initiatives, exhibitions, visitor research, interpretation, and other activities for diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of educational methodologies and philosophies, visitor research/evaluation, informal learning environments, and gallery teaching practices.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal skills, including the ability to tailor speech and writing to a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Must demonstrate broad knowledge of art education and museum practices.
- Project management skills, including budgeting.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Administration & Fundraising
- Work with the Curator of Education in the development and management of department budget.
- Assist with grant applications and provide reports as needed.
- Prepare contracts and supporting documentation for speakers, presenters, writers, artists, and other contractors.
Working Conditions & Atmosphere: This is a full-time position, with a flexible schedule as required for implementation of responsibilities and related museum activities. Working hours may include some evenings and weekends. General mobility throughout museum properties required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The selected applicant will be required to submit to a background check. Allen County Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary range: $35,000-$45,000
Job classification: Full-time
To apply: Applicants should email a cover letter describing your interest in the position and a resume with references to [email protected]. Address your letter to Christine Fowler Shearer, Director at Allen County Museum, 620 W. Market Street, Lima, OH 45801. No phone calls please. Position is open until filled. For more information, visit www.allencountymuseum.org.
Posted: August 22, 2023