COSI seeks a Guest Relations Associate.
Position Requirements/Education & Experience: Must be a mature, responsible, dependable individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced work environment; is a people-oriented and satisfaction driven person; can handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and possess a flexible schedule. Ability to transmit a welcome greeting while handling cash transactions in an efficient and effective manner is necessary. Must possess an ability to work outside in all weather conditions; A High School diploma or equivalent, and cash handling experience are required. A background in inside sales is helpful.
Objective: Create a first impression of welcome and warmth to all of COSI's guests. Set the mood and tone for each guest's experience at COSI by providing encouragement to explore the Exhibition Areas, and to purchase COSI memberships, tickets for our movies, Planetarium shows and Adventure exhibit.
Accountabilities/Essential Job Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and welcome each and every guest to COSI by being attentive and providing a positive first impression.
- Provide immediate assistance to guests and team during emergency situations under the direction of the Guest Supervisor on Duty (GSOD).
- Encourage guests to become COSI Members.
- Help guests maximize their visit by providing information to guests regarding programs, demos, and shows; hours of operation; cost of admission; etc.
- Direct guests in person and over the telephone as appropriate.
- Maintain a safe and courteous environment while operating COSI’s Motion Simulator.
- Perform the daily check-in of all reserved groups, including disbursing tickets, wristbands, and maps.
- Monitor and maintain a secure and inviting environment in the National Geographic Giant Screen Theater, including tracking attendance, monitoring shows, and assisting guests with entry and exit procedures.
- Be fiscally accurate by balancing your cash drawer and Memberships sold at the end of each shift.
- Work in conjunction with the area Supervisor for Volunteers to provide consistent training, evaluation, coaching, and discipline to all volunteer team members in front line operations.
- Perform daily in accordance to the service and sales standards as outlined by COSI and the Guest Relations Team.
- Support general COSI operations through participation in meetings as appropriate.
- Serve as an example to other COSI Team Members and Volunteers in matters of appearance, attitude, and performance in a manner best serving COSI paid and Volunteer Team Members and Guests.
- Serve as a model team member for COSI’s Do-It-Right Guest Service Strategy.
- Troubleshoot and assist guests in using automated parking stations.
- Work outside during pay-on-entry operations when overflow parking is required for peak attendance days and special events.
- Assist with group entry and exit, both inside and outside the building.
- Operate the COSI Guest Shuttle as directed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Guest Relations, Supervisor of Guest Relations Operations, and/or the Guest Relations Team Lead(s).
Salary range: $10/hour
Job Classification: Part-time, hourly
To apply: Visit www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=1445375. Deadline for applications is January 15, 2019. For more information, visit www.cosi.org.
Posted: October 12, 2018
Deadline: January 15, 2019