The Dawes Arboretum seeks a Youth & Adult Programs Educator.
Under the general supervision of the Education Director, the Youth & Adult Programs Educator plans and facilitates environmental and historic education programming. This position is also responsible for assisting the department in preparing materials essential to the efficient running of all education programs which includes the creation and upkeep of educational displays, assisting with interpretive projects and assisting with the management, coordination and development of public programs, classes and drop-in programs to guests of all ages.
This is a full-time (40 hours) non-exempt position, with an hourly rate of $15.00. Evening and weekend hours are required to support our programs and events.
- Support the education department in planning, preparing, promoting and implementing environmental and historic programs for visitors of all ages.
- Plan, prepare and conduct educational programming in outdoor and indoor settings.
- Assist with the scheduling, coordination and logistics of pre-k through 12th grade field trips.
- Assist the Education Director in researching trends to develop mission-relevant, dynamic and fun yearly programming to include classes, workshops and special events.
- Continually evaluate and improve environmental and historical educational programming to ensure effective delivery to youth and adults.
- Support the education department in the conceptualization, designing, installation and maintenance of interactive, educational and mission-relevant displays.
- Bachelor's degree in education, natural sciences, environmental studies, communication or other related major/field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ demonstrated experience in providing education, public speaking or communicating with youth and/or adults; or any equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks while maintaining a high-level of attention to detail and professional quality of work.
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as web-based programs.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to work indoors and outdoors in various weather conditions.
Salary Range: $15 per hour
Job Classification: Full-time
To apply: E-mail a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: Youth & Adult Programs Educator. This position will close on Monday, February 18, 2019. For more information, visit www.dawesarb.org.
Posted: February 5, 2019
Deadline: February 18, 2019