Holden Forests & Gardens seeks an Annual Fund Manager (garden).
Holden Forests & Gardens has a full time Annual Fund Manager position available in our Development department. The Annual Fund Manager’s primary responsibility is to lead and manage a comprehensive annual giving program that meets revenue goals. The manager provides strategic direction for all areas including direct mail, email, social media, and personal cultivation of our membership base and mid-level donors.
- Reports to the Vice President of Development
- Works with development staff
- Works with Volunteers
- Holden Forests & Gardens is 12th largest public garden in the U.S. It is comprised of two campuses, Cleveland Botanical Garden and Holden Arboretum.
- Cleveland Botanical Garden located in the heart of Cleveland’s cultural, health, and education district, 10 minutes east of downtown Cleveland.
- The Holden Arboretum – Kirtland, Ohio – less than 30 miles east of Cleveland. Encompassing more than 3,600 acres of cultivated gardens, woody plant collections and natural forested areas
- The positions primary location is the Cleveland Botanical Garden with exposure at The Holden Arboretum in Kirtland
- Plan, coordinate and manage all aspects of the individual annual fund campaign including helping to set revenue goals.
- Provide organization, production and maintenance of annual campaign materials and data to marketing for the creation of the materials; mail house for execution of these campaigns; and to our e-marketing provider for online solicitations.
- Design and implement annual calendar that includes short and long-term plans for Annual Fund solicitations for various constituency groups as well as a regular renewal program for annual gifts.
- Work closely with the Director of Membership to identify members who have the potential to increase their giving and devise strategies for moving gifts to a higher level.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit new donors for the Annual Fund focused primarily on donors in the $300 - $1,000 range.
- Work with individuals who desire to make tribute gifts and help arrange the details of such gifts. This will require working with horticulture and facilities staff at both the Cleveland Botanical Garden and Holden Arboretum
- Prepare regular reports for senior staff on status updates and analysis of annual fund campaigns.
- Stay informed about HF & G programs, mission work and operations so that can develop strong case for support and messaging.
- Work with Stewardship and Events Manager to plan stewardship opportunities for annual donors.
- Participate in overall Development and External Affairs department activities, e.g. planning retreats, team meetings and fundraising events.
- Participate in local and/or national peer groups to benchmark and track trends and best practices.
- Help promote a culture of philanthropy at Holden Forests & Gardens.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years development experience including annual campaigns.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge or Altru experience preferred) and MS Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to effectively analyze and report on data
- Solid writing and presentation ability.
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule – some evenings and weekends required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively solve complex problems.
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with other departments.
- Must pass a criminal background check / drug test
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required to be covered on Holden Forests & Garden’s vehicle insurance policy
- Full Time
- Salary, Exempt.
- Typical work week is Monday – Friday with some weekend and evening hours required.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls, reach with hands and arms, and have the ability to talk and hear. The employee must have the ability to exert 5 to 25 pounds of force occasionally.
- Additionally, qualified candidates must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions, and decimals; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; ability to read and comprehend documents and write reports and business correspondences; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, and the general public; ability to interact with the public and team members in a positive manner; ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
Salary Range: $48,000-$74,000
Job Classification: Full-time
To apply: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=db704977-d8c5-4be2-a36a-23f4002eddc0&jobId=47829&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001
Deadline to apply is December 20, 2018. Holden Forests & Gardens (Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We seek skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff.
Posted: November 20, 2018
Deadline: December 20, 2018