Holden Forests & Gardens seeks a Donor Stewardship Manager.
Holden Forests & Gardens is one of Northeast Ohio’s largest and most important cultural and environmental institutions. It comprises two campuses, the urban Cleveland Botanical Garden campus in Cleveland’s University Circle and the rural Holden Arboretum campus in Kirtland and is the 12th largest public garden in the US.
We are seeking a Donor Stewardship Manager to join our development team. The Donor Stewardship Manager is responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive calendar of events and programs to increase donor/prospect engagement in the mission of Holden Forests & Gardens. The role includes oversight of signature fundraising events at both the Arboretum and Garden campus, including successfully meeting revenue goals. The Manager is also the primary liaison to the Affiliate Garden Clubs of Holden Forests & Gardens.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with Vice President of Development to develop a plan and budget to successfully meet financial and engagement goals for fundraising events and stewardship programs.
- Develop and execute an annual calendar of stewardship events in collaboration with the development team. Partner with colleagues in Guest Services, Facility Rentals, and Catering to leverage shared resources and effectively execute events at both campuses.
- Plan, coordinate, and manage all aspects of Holden Forests & Gardens annual fundraising events at both campuses, including serving as the primary liaison to event volunteer committees.
- Work with development colleagues to cultivate and solicit individual and corporate sponsors for fundraising events and stewardship programs.
- Serve as the primary liaison to the Affiliate Garden Clubs including management of all programs, activities, and communication.
- Coordinate stewardship programs with the membership program to strengthen the donor pipeline and advance donors on a continuum of giving.
- Maintain an active peer network in order to stay attuned to industry trends, best practices, and benchmarking.
- Help promote a culture of philanthropy at Holden Forests & Gardens, including maintaining a strong understanding of mission-based programs and activities.
- All other duties as assigned by Vice President of Development.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years of applicable experience, including fundraising experience and/or special events planning.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience with fundraising software (Raiser’s Edge or Altru experience preferred) and MS Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to effectively analyze and report on data and manage budgets.
- Solid writing and presentation ability.
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule – some evenings and weekends required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and stay within budget.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively solve complex problems.
- Ability to effectively manage volunteers and work with individuals from all stations of life.
- Must pass a credit, criminal background and substance test
- Typical work week is Monday – Friday with some weekend and evening hours required.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record required to be covered on Holden Forests & Garden’s vehicle insurance policy
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, and controls, reach with hands and arms, and have the ability to talk and hear.
The employee must have the ability to exert 5 to 25 pounds of force occasionally.
Additionally, qualified candidates must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and common fractions, decimals; ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts and percentages; ability to read and comprehend documents and write reports and business correspondences; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, guests, and the general public; ability to interact with the public and team members in a positive manner; ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram form.
Salary Range: $43,000-$55,000
Job Classification: Full-time
To Apply: Review of applications with begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a resume online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=db704977-d8c5-4be2-a36a-23f4002eddc0&jobId=49041&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001.
Holden Forests & Gardens (Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We seek skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost arboreta.
Posted: January 3, 2019
To be removed: February 3, 2019