Holden Forests & Gardens seeks an Emergent Tower & Canopy Walk Monitor (arboretum).
Holden Forests and Gardens is looking to fill multiple Emergent Tower &Canopy Walk Monitor seasonal positions. The Emergent Tower & Canopy Walk Monitor will assist in monitoring the operations of the Emergent Tower and Canopy Walk. This position requires a flexible schedule which may include early mornings and / or evening. Weekend work will be required.
- Manager, Guest Relations
- Assistant Manager
- Guest Relations Representative(s)
- Works with Volunteers
- The Holden Arboretum – Kirtland, Ohio – less than 30 miles east of Cleveland.
- Encompassing more than 3,600 acres of cultivated gardens, woody plant collections and natural forested areas
- Holden Forests & Gardens is 12th largest public garden in the U.S. It is comprised of two campuses, Holden Arboretum and Cleveland Botanical Garden.
- Receives guests at structures, providing prompt and courteous service.
- Ensure proper admittance policies are being followed by guests and staff.
- Ensure safety practices are being followed by guests and staff.
- Ensure cleanliness of structures, which will include weather-related debris and trash removal.
- Strong customer service skills and experience working with the general public.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work within a team, as well as independently.
- Ability to effectively solve small to complex problems.
- Ability to understand basic instructions using the English language
- Acceptable driving record (3 points or less)
- Must pass a criminal background check and substance screening
Must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Ability to be on either structure for extended periods of time
- Emergent Tower – 120’ high, 200 stairs
- Canopy Walk – 65’ high
- Stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Effective vision and hearing
- Hand and arm dexterity
- Walk and work on wet, uneven, slippery terrain
- Regular lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs
- Kneeling, bending, stooping, grabbing, and reaching
- Perform required tasks in all weather conditions
- Ability to a flexible schedule
- March through November (until end of November, weather permitting)
- Seven days per week operation
- Full time or part time
- Approximately 16 – 40 hours per week
- Candidates start at $8.55
Salary range: $8.55
Job Classification: Hourly
To apply: Review of applications with begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Qualified applicants should submit a resume online: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=db704977-d8c5-4be2-a36a-23f4002eddc0&jobId=48995&lang=en_US&source=CC3&ccId=19000101_000001. This position will be employed through a staffing agency service.
Holden Forests & Gardens (Holden Arboretum / Cleveland Botanical Garden) is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. We seek skilled, knowledgeable and experienced individuals to join our staff and enhance our reputation as one of the country’s foremost arboreta.
Posted: January 2, 2019
To be removed: February 2, 2019