The North Canton Heritage Society seeks candidates for a Paid Exhibition Research Internship.
The North Canton Heritage Society is seeking a short-term exhibition intern to assist with an April 2019 exhibit on four historic churches in North Canton. The intern will gain hands-on experience with exhibition research, exhibition planning, and oral histories. Internships are open to undergraduate and graduate students in History, Museum Studies, or a related humanities field. The intern will be supervised by the NCHS Director, who will provide necessary training and materials. No course credit is available.
- Using print and digital resources to research the history of the four churches and religion in North Canton
- Consulting primary and secondary sources, including newspaper clippings, photographs, maps, oral histories, etc.
- Compiling bibliographies of research
- Consulting church leaders and congregations for information
- Collecting oral histories from parishoners and/or church leaders
Timeframe: February - March 2019 (2 months)
Schedule: 5 hours/week (20 hours total, schedule flexible)
Compensation: $9.00/hr ($180 total)
- Current undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program
- Completed coursework in history, museum studies, and/or related humanities fields
- Familiarity with online databases and digital resources
- Comfortable interacting with people and conducting oral histories
- Ability to compile a properly-cited bibliography
- Ability to work independently
- Interest in local history
- Familiarity with local history collections and newspaper research
- Experience handling museum objects
- Experience conducting oral history interviews
Contact: Amanda Sedlak-Hevener, Executive Director - [email protected]. (330) 494-4791
Salary Range: $9/hour
Job Classification: Grant-funded, hourly, part-time, temporary
To Apply: Please apply by email to [email protected]. Deadline for applications: February 22, 2019. For more information, visit http://northcantonheritage.org.
Posted: February 7, 2019
Deadline: February 22, 2019