Western Reserve Historical Society seeks a Grants Manager.
Responsibility: The Grants Manager is responsible to the Vice President of Development for all foundation and corporate giving to WRHS.
Classification: This position is classified as full-time professional and is exempt from overtime compensation.
Supervision: WRHS interns and volunteers
- Works with the VP of Development, the President and WRHS staff Directors to develop an aggressive foundation, corporate and government grant calendar to support operations and special projects (inc. capital.) and programs.
- Personally participate in solicitations to all foundations and corporate donors and maintain contact with key foundation and corporate personnel through the grant/sponsorship/giving process.
- Prepare and submit detailed fundraising plans for all foundation and corporate giving to the VP of Development.
- Develop and oversee a prospect research program for local, state and national foundation prospects.
- Establish and administer fund raising and cultivation programs including plans and proposals in the following areas: grants to foundations, grants to governmental agencies, annual fund giving from foundations (community and corporate) and the areas related to foundation and corporate relations for special events and programs.
- Work with development support staff to maintain all foundation giving records and a log of solicitations made, responses pending, and tracking reports/grids for foundations.
- Monitor the activities of the foundation and corporate grants/sponsorship calendar to ensure that all deadlines are met, and to track the status of requests and stewardship requirements for all grants made to WRHS.
- Act as the liaison between foundation and corporate representatives and key project staff to ensure that the conditions of the award are fulfilled on both sides.
- Maintain associations with a variety of professional organizations to remain current on professional matters in the museum and non-profit fund raising fields and to advance the mission and interests of WRHS
- Perform other special development tasks as assigned by the VP of Development.
Qualifications: The Grants Manager is a professional position of the Western Reserve Historical Society that requires professional experience and achievement, unquestioned personal integrity and creativity. Educational requirements include an undergraduate degree in a related field. Professional experience should include at least five years of development work with a non-profit organization, preferably a museum or other cultural non-profit organization. The ability to communicate effectively and consistently in a team atmosphere is essential. Good working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is desirable. The ability to meet a continuing series of goals-oriented deadlines is essential.
Salary Range: TBD
Job Classification: Full-time
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Janet Waterman at [email protected]. Deadline to apply: January 11, 2019. For more information, visit www.wrhs.org/about/employment.
Posted: December 12, 2018
Deadline: January 11, 2019